MAX, a (max,+) MAPLE package
MAX: a MAPLE package for the (max,+) algebra
Contact: Stéphane Gaubert
MAX is a MAPLE package implementing
the basic scalar-matrix operations, including
- the rational operations in the so called MinMax[[gamma,delta]] algebra
- symbolic computations of periodic throughputs of timed event graphs.
The package is documented in the chapters VIII,IX
of my thesis.
The package has been reasonably and widely tested
(even by students at \'Ecole des Mines).
It suffers two important defaults: (1) the syntax is rather painful
due to bad historical choices.
(2) the rational MinMax[[gamma,delta]] part could
be made faster by using different rational
MAX works on Maple V.0--V.2
and (with inelegant syntax changes) on Maple V.3.
(Porting it to Maple V.4 is a non-immediate thing,
rather than spending time in this,
my intention is rather to invest time
in developing faster C code).
The package is available as is on email demand to me:
but there are some better NEW softwares
- Max-Plus toolbox of SCILAB
The numerical part of the toolbox is now superseded
by the free max-plus toolbox of scilab, a fast
implementation (in Fortran and C) of max-plus
linear algebra algorithms, including the fast
Howard's multichain policy iteration
algorithm to compute the eigenvalues of max-plus linear maps
- ERS Alain Jean-Marie developed a collection of C programs
for the analysis of Discrete Event Systems, including some max-plus
algorithms and a TCL/TK interface. His program, called ERS,
is available from his page
- C++ MinMax[[gamma,delta]] library Laurent Hardouin and his team at Angers implemented the algebra
of max-plus rational series (in fact, the so-called minmax[[gamma,delta]]
subalgebra) in C++. His "lminmaxgd" library is available from